Help the noob someone! Can't change wallpaper on ipod touch

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I bought a brand spanking new 32GB iPod Touch 2nd gen so I could cheer myself up from what was a lackluster macworld keynote.

I love it by the way. Stayed up till 3am fiddling with it adding movies,podcasts,games n wutnot.

Ok, so help the noob out. I can't seem to change the wallpaper. I went to settings and the wallpaper tab and selected a new wallpaper......but then nothing happened.

On the home screen it has the usual black/blank wallpaper. So how do I change it?

Furthermore, lets say I do change it. How would I be able to go back to the regular black/blank background? \

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    I think you're confusing wallpaper with "desktop image". I don't have a touch, just an iPhone, but maybe they are the same. I'll try to explain.

If you change your wallpaper, then lock the touch (do they lock like an iPhone?). Then click on the Home button. You should see your wallpaper. As far as I know, you cannot change the "desktop" image that is behind the icons.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ya it works almost like the iphone. turn off the monitor by pressing the button on the top left and turn it back on. this is the only thing that will change. unless if you're playing music, it will show the album art if it has one.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

I think you're confusing wallpaper with "desktop image". I don't have a touch, just an iPhone, but maybe they are the same. I'll try to explain.

If you change your wallpaper, then lock the touch (do they lock like an iPhone?). Then click on the Home button. You should see your wallpaper. As far as I know, you cannot change the "desktop" image that is behind the icons.

• Reply 3 of 3
    You can but that means jailbreaking it