Brand new MBP battery...charges to 100% but dies after being taken off the charger???

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My MPB 15 inch is 15 months old...

my battery "died" at 251 cycles....

i buy brand new battery, it seemed defective because it would charge and then i would take it off the charger and it would die whenever it felt like it....

i get ANOTHER battery sent to me...i charge it to a 100%...take it off the charger and it dies IMMEDIATELY!!????

i cant even let the battery run down. it says it is charged, ive tried the shutdown procedures and reseting the whatever by holding down the 4 buttons...

do i have a bad power sensor? i live 5 hours from an apple store....no warranty anymore... the lady on the phone said around $600 bucks to fix...

there has to be something else that can be done...help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    pull battery, unplug ac adapter, hold power button for 20 sec, put the battery back in & try to reboot. hold cmd option PR at the chime, if you get it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jlynnmenzel View Post

My MPB 15 inch is 15 months old...

my battery "died" at 251 cycles....

i buy brand new battery, it seemed defective because it would charge and then i would take it off the charger and it would die whenever it felt like it....

i get ANOTHER battery sent to me...i charge it to a 100%...take it off the charger and it dies IMMEDIATELY!!????

i cant even let the battery run down. it says it is charged, ive tried the shutdown procedures and reseting the whatever by holding down the 4 buttons...

do i have a bad power sensor? i live 5 hours from an apple store....no warranty anymore... the lady on the phone said around $600 bucks to fix...o

there has to be something else that can be done..help?

Your battery has a problem. Send your MBP for a check. It could be an internal hardware issue too. Google up some steps on replacing the defective battery ( if it is ) OR go to Apple Support Online and try to source for any similar cases like yours. Good luck and wish you all the best!

Hope I helped you.