Going to buy a Macbook Pro

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi all,

Right, I need a new laptop now and the Macbook Pro (15 inch, I need both my kidneys so the 17 inch is a no no) is the one I will probably go for. However, is it worth buying now you reckon or wait until there is an update? Mind you, how far away would an updated Pro be? They've just done one, right?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RabidRabbit View Post

Hi all,

Right, I need a new laptop now and the Macbook Pro (15 inch, I need both my kidneys so the 17 inch is a no no) is the one I will probably go for. However, is it worth buying now you reckon or wait until there is an update? Mind you, how far away would an updated Pro be? They've just done one, right?

Just got updated, so now's a good time.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Just got updated, so now's a good time.

Cool. Thanks for the reply!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Hey guys & gals, been reading for a while and finally made an account today. To stay on topic: I'd wait untill the start of May as I'm sure that Apple will make a major processor upgrade to the macbook pro (and imac) line near this time. I've been waiting to buy a MBP since October of last year, as I don't want a macbook pro that is slower than my desktop made 15 months ago. Just my 5 cents worth....

I must admit I have ants in my pants waiting though

Bring on the QUADS Apple!!!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NEDERMAN View Post

... I'd wait untill the start of May as I'm sure that Apple will make a major processor upgrade to the macbook pro (and imac) line near this time. I've been waiting to buy a MBP since October of last year, ...

Sunday, I placed the order for a new 2.93 GHz 17" MBP. By the time the computer that you buy next May gets in, I will have conducted so much more work than you that you will never catch up.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NEDERMAN View Post

Hey guys & gals, been reading for a while and finally made an account today. To stay on topic: I'd wait untill the start of May as I'm sure that Apple will make a major processor upgrade to the macbook pro (and imac) line near this time. I've been waiting to buy a MBP since October of last year, as I don't want a macbook pro that is slower than my desktop made 15 months ago. Just my 5 cents worth....

I must admit I have ants in my pants waiting though

Bring on the QUADS Apple!!!

Hmmm, good point actually.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    The solution to your decision is very easy. If you need the Macbook Pro now, buy it now. If you can wait without loosing too much, than wait. I'm waiting until revision B of the Macbook or Macbook Pro, hoping for non-glossy displays. Until than I work on a Rev. A 12" Powerbook. But if I needed to change now, the 15" is a very good computer. Never buy computers in advance for something you may need in the future. Check your needs, than your credit card and what you will get more from a new computer and if needed go for shopping ;-)..
  • Reply 7 of 7
    If you ask me I would not buy the New Macbook Pro.

I have had 5 of them and finally called it quits.

The amount of problems I had with this machine were just ridiculous, and most dishearting is that they are wide spread.

There seems to be a few satisfied customers but honestly I would wait for the update....

It will fix all the issues and by than you will get snow lepoard.

Just wait if you can.