Few questions about Jag

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
When I was using 10.1, I always used themes instead of the default Aqua theme that originally came with it. I use Duality 3 to change the themes, and now in 10.2 it is telling me that the themes I had in use before are corrupted. Now I can't seem to use any themes. Anybody know what's up with that? I downloaded a brushed theme from ResExcellence and that doesnt seem to work either. I have noticed that Tinker Tool no longer works either.

Also, I tried to go about changing the graphics in the "About This Mac" window, but to no avail. I have a customized image that I got, but when I go into the resources I can't seem to replace the original with the new .tiff that I want to show as the window. Can someone direct me as to how I can mod the About This Mac window?

Oh, and I'm not sure why but sometimes I'm getting like 30 seconds lock ups in 10.2 that I wasn't seeing before I upgraded.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I can't really tell you about the second item, but as for the first, a lot of stuff in the hI Toolbox changed. you'll have to download updated versions of Tinkertool, Duality (I think, maybe you just need to download updated versions of the themes).

For the last item, have you run the process viewer or top to see what's up? I suspect that maybe it's some sort of indexing or timed operation, but I haven't had that problem myself.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    bump
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I have the same problem with mine. Maybe the themes need something in 10.1 that 10.2 doesn't have?