safari

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am new to safari and am wondering how to change the font style, color and size when sending an email? I did go to safari prefs, advanced, and was able to do all I am asking about but when I sent the email it reverted back to black and the default font size.

Thanks, Steve

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    the font styles should be set in the email program / website and not in the browser's preference. what you set in the browser is used just for local display. it doesn't affect content.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

the font styles should be set in the email program / website and not in the browser's preference. what you set in the browser is used just for local display. it doesn't affect content.

I use both mac and pc with ISP Comcast. When emailing on pc an option block(s) comes up where fonts, colors, etc. can be chosen/changed. This block (options) do not show up when using the Mac. Is there something I am missing? Thanks, Steve
  • Reply 3 of 4
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

I use both mac and pc with ISP Comcast. When emailing on pc an option block(s) comes up where fonts, colors, etc. can be chosen/changed. This block (options) do not show up when using the Mac. Is there something I am missing? Thanks, Steve

What email (webmail) are you using? Is it comcast.net? It's possible that whoever is hosting the mail servers is using IE as their target, and there's some nonstandard stuff going on that that Safari isn't handling.

So, you could try Firefox and see if that works, or you could configure Apple's Mail client to handle your mail and compose messages that you want to format with that.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

So you are using Comcast's webmail client rather than using a standalone email program like Mail, Entourage, or Thunderbird? You obviously have your reasons, but I highly recommend that you reconsider. In the best of circumstances, webmail can be slow and clumsy. Mail, I love. Most other standalone email clients work nicely.

As for the difference between the webmail in Safari and Internet Explorer, my guess is that Comcast uses an IE-specific applet for that browser.