Question About iTunes

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello, I'm new here. I just have a question about moving iTunes music to a new computer.

Okay, I'm planning on getting a new iMac in September (It will be my first Mac) and I want to bring over some, but not all, of my iTunes library on my old PC to the Mac. I want to know if, after I move all the music I want to to my new computer, can I continue using the same iTunes account I did on my PC (It's my whole families account), but also get any songs anyone buys on the old computer to the Mac by just logging in? Also, is it possible to send all of the music I buy on the Mac to the PC by using the same account? The reason I want to share music is because my brother and I like a lot of the same music and I don't want to have to keep burning the songs he buys on a disc so I can put them on my Mac. So my question is, can I use the same account I use on my PC on my Mac? And will any songs that are bought on the PC using the same account as the Mac automatically be on the Mac? I'm sorry if I'm not very clear, I just can't think of any way to explain this better. All help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    You can use the same iTunes Store account on a Mac and PC. You will need to authorize both computers to use the same account.

After authorising your Mac when you sync your iPod you should get a dialogue box asking you if you want to transfer your purchases from your iPod to the Mac. Click yes (or transfer purchases) and they will be copied over.

Don't forget you can only automatically sync your iPod to one iTunes library unless you decide to manually manage your music.