Multiple Address Books?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I receive hundreds of business cards and I would like to retain the information digitally, but would not like to input them all in my Address Book as I don't want to have thousands of entries. This could get especially tiresome while scrolling through my iPhone contacts database, you know? Do people keep multiple Address Books, like for either work or personal? I can't imagine CEO's like Steve Jobs keeps the info of tens of thousands of people they meet all in one Address Book.

I bought a Penpower Card Scanner which has it's own database for business cards which I haven't played with yet. I was planning to keep a database there and the cards that turn out to be useful I would export into Address Book. Let me know if anyone has any insights into this matter. A Google search surprisingly bred few results.

Thanks,

Alexander

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hanguolaohu View Post

... I can't imagine CEO's like Steve Jobs keeps the info of tens of thousands of people they meet all in one Address Book.

You are absolutely correct. Apple doesn't write its quarterly reports in Text Edit and it does not maintain its corporate contact list in Address Book. Address Book is a fantastic free personal contact manager. You need a professional contact manager but you will have to pay for it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Anyone have any suggestions for a pro contact manager?

I'm considering Bento or my Penpower card scanner software. Definitely not Entourage.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Seems like Bento and Contactizer Pro automatically link with Apple's address book. Daylite seems to offer features of flexible syncing which sounds great. I'm also considering using Direct Mail's database.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Looks like this is an opportunity for a Shareware developer...