Awesome New Game ALERT

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Quite addictive, and unlike the real stock market, you never LOSE money

Have you guys seen this game:

FutureGame

You get real-time actual stock prices, and at any point you guess that it's going to be either UP or DOWN in thirty seconds from that point. Based on how long of a right streak you get, you can "cash out" for cash. If you cash out the largest streak of the day/ month you get the prize of the day/month.

It's quite a nice diversion, there's no catch and if you get lucky you can win an iPod (one per day) or a Macbook (one per month).

You don't have to pay anything, and you only need an email address to start playing. (They make money by selling ads and keeping the trend data from people's choices.)

The first time you play, you should cash out after 3 correct, so I get your referral . (Once I get 35 referrals, I'll let you guys know, and I can change the link so someone else can get credit.)

Have fun!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    A game which trains a neural net for stock prediction... heh, someone is going to make a ton of money selling the algorithm...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

A game which trains a neural net for stock prediction... heh, someone is going to make a ton of money selling the algorithm...

It's all being used to make SkyNet ... The Terminator apocalypse is coming !!!!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Yeah, I'm not sure how successful they'll be with it... From the FAQ it seems like it's currently more of a research project, without a buyer yet.

This is not my area of research, but I find it intuitively unconvincing that they'd be able to glean any useful data for prediction purposes, given such a large element of chance. But maybe they're looking more at how people respond to certain conditions, rather than whether they are necessarily correct. They might also be trying to classify personality types and then predict responses of certain types of people.

Interesting stuff, but I don't think anyone's gonna have a computer that successfully manipulates the stock market anytime soon.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Using referral links is for your own personal gain and considered spamming so I removed the referral.

By all means discuss the site's aims/objectives.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:

yes

exactly.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    They recently added a bunch of new stocks, included Apple's.

Now I should have this thread moved to the main forums instead of Apple Outsider!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash View Post

They recently added a bunch of new stocks, included Apple's.

Now I should have this thread moved to the main forums instead of Apple Outsider!

I'm afraid the fact that you edited your referral link back in after it was removed earns you an infraction and a thread closure.