Who will replace Him?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If Steve were to leave...who would be the new Steve? I'm rather partial to John Ive. I don't think Phil stands a chance. Anyone else have a suggestion? I couldn't sleep last night thinking about who (if anyone) would be cool enough to replace Him.

(I'll say leave since die sounds dirty)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Ive is too shy, he couldn't even accept his own award at a banquet. I think that Scott Forstall will be the new product introduction guy, and Tim Cook will run the nuts and bolts of the company.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Ive is too shy, he couldn't even accept his own award at a banquet. I think that Scott Forstall will be the new product introduction guy, and Tim Cook will run the nuts and bolts of the company.

+1

Scott Forstall has that kind of youthful appearance that belies his tech smarts. He's the perfect pitch guy. Cook is too serious for product announcements but is the right stuff for company direction.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    phongphong Posts: 219member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Scott Forstall has that kind of youthful appearance that belies his tech smarts. He's the perfect pitch guy. Cook is too serious for product announcements but is the right stuff for company direction.

Cook has a real edge to him about the superiority of the Mac that I like. It reminds me of my attitude back in the mid 90s and it would have been great if he were CEO instead of Amelio. Remember when Cook was giving that presentation back in October and he showed a picture of Windows running on a Mac, and he said something like, "I don't know about you, but that picture sends shivers down my spine." That still reflects how I feel. I just don't even want to look at Windows.

Despite my being upset about the Mini, and blaming Cook for not talking about it, I think the company could do worse than him. Still, I really don't like the direction they're heading, with more emphasis on mobile computing at the expense of the desktop. Here's hoping they have something worthwhile in the pipeline.