Format my ipod to MAC?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I know this has been discussed several times, but I just need some help with a specific scenario. I'll try to be brief,

I got an iPod classic when I had a windows xp machine. I have all my music collected from that computer on the ipod. I recently got a macbook. It works, but ever since a long time ago all my album art mysteriously got scrambled. Should I?

A. Format the iPod to Mac

B. Keep it Windows (for flexibility) and auto sync? (since I have too many tracks to keep up to date with the iPod.

I would just appreciate some advice. I really don't know what to do, but I really hate all the album art being scrambled. I don't know how to fix it. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MusicMaster View Post

I know this has been discussed several times, but I just need some help with a specific scenario. I'll try to be brief,

I got an iPod classic when I had a windows xp machine. I have all my music collected from that computer on the ipod. I recently got a macbook. It works, but ever since a long time ago all my album art mysteriously got scrambled. Should I?

A. Format the iPod to Mac

B. Keep it Windows (for flexibility) and auto sync? (since I have too many tracks to keep up to date with the iPod.

I would just appreciate some advice. I really don't know what to do, but I really hate all the album art being scrambled. I don't know how to fix it. Thanks!

You need to make sure everything is in order on itunes (whether you are using win or mac).

I would then suggest restoring the ipod to factory settings.

Then load your music back on to the ipod. As long as everything is in order on itunes, it should be ok on the ipod too.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ohcomeon View Post

You need to make sure everything is in order on itunes (whether you are using win or mac).

I would then suggest restoring the ipod to factory settings.

Then load your music back on to the ipod. As long as everything is in order on itunes, it should be ok on the ipod too.

Yeah, I am planning on that. Thanks.

My only thing is, could I keep the iPod still windows formatted and hit the auto-sync button to get all my music deleted and put back in. Would this update the ipod with new music every time it's plugged in?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    The Mac will only format the iPod as HFS+. to keep Fat32, you will have to restore with a PC & then move / sync with the mac.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmac1036 View Post

The Mac will only format the iPod as HFS+. to keep Fat32, you will have to restore with a PC & then move / sync with the mac.

IS the reason I'm restoring it to fix my album art problem? I think the simplest would be to format to MAC.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MusicMaster View Post

IS the reason I'm restoring it to fix my album art problem? I think the simplest would be to format to MAC.

yeah, so far, that's the only way I can sort out issues with art. mine was all scrambled, did a restore & reloaded the content, it was fine.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmac1036 View Post

yeah, so far, that's the only way I can sort out issues with art. mine was all scrambled, did a restore & reloaded the content, it was fine.

Thanks, it works fine. I formatted and now it's on autosync, so everything is updated! And the album art is all fixed.