Keynote '09 -- iTunes drag and drop disabled?!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've had the last two versions of Keynote and just upgraded to iWork '09. I like all of the changes, except for one that is going to seriously piss me off if it's true...

In the past I could drag a file from iTunes and drop it on to a slide and that song would be there. Now when I drag it over I get the green + sign, but when I try to drop it, nothing happens. I can still add the same file by using the media browser and searching for it in my iTunes playlist, but that takes significantly longer.

Am I the only one with this problem or did they actually DISABLE a great feature?

If they did disable the feature, who can I call and/or email to complain? I use a lot of sound files in my presentations and it's much faster and more convenient to find them in iTunes and drag-drop them into Keynote.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post

I've had the last two versions of Keynote and just upgraded to iWork '09. I like all of the changes, except for one that is going to seriously piss me off if it's true...

In the past I could drag a file from iTunes and drop it on to a slide and that song would be there. Now when I drag it over I get the green + sign, but when I try to drop it, nothing happens. I can still add the same file by using the media browser and searching for it in my iTunes playlist, but that takes significantly longer.

Am I the only one with this problem or did they actually DISABLE a great feature?

If they did disable the feature, who can I call and/or email to complain? I use a lot of sound files in my presentations and it's much faster and more convenient to find them in iTunes and drag-drop them into Keynote.

I don't have the new iWork so I can't test this. As a workaround for now, you could always choose "Show in Finder" in iTunes and drag the file from there.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thanks for the tip! That does speed the process back up quite a bit.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Huh, weird, it didn't work for me either in keynote '09. I'm assuming it's a bug rather than an intentional disabling of such a basic function. I use keynote every day and to be honest I don't think I've ever done a drag and drop from itunes, but I do videos from the finder all the time, and it doesn't make sense to disable it.