fake sent mail

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Is there anyway to make it look like i sent a letter out in mail.app from a date of like a week ago?

If so please help, i need to do this fast!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    That depends on how your mail server works. At NCSU, the mail system was set to register the time an e-mail was received and processed by the system, not the time stamped by the user's computer when sent. This was done to circumvent cheaters trying to beat the clock.

Try setting your computer clock back and send something. It will work fine is some cases, but won't for others.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    [quote]Originally posted by Brad:

<strong>That depends on how your mail server works. At NCSU, the mail system was set to register the time an e-mail was received and processed by the system, not the time stamped by the user's computer when sent. This was done to circumvent cheaters trying to beat the clock.

Try setting your computer clock back and send something. It will work fine is some cases, but won't for others.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks, i tried setting the clock back right after i posted...hopeuflly i can fool my dad, i wass upposed to email somethign for him yesterday