Burned discs have scratchy audio from iTunes 8

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hello,

At first I thought it was just my cd player in the car but this isn't the case. Whenever I burn a disc from iTunes the audio is "scratchy", skips, and is basically messed up.

I'm not sure what the problem is here because I never had a problem with iTunes, and I believe the problem occurred when I upgraded to iTunes 8. I'm using OS X 10.5.6 and running intel C2D macs, has anyone experienced something like this and if so can you help me fix this problem.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    do the tracks skip that are still in itunes? make sure any options for error or skip correcting ( there is for import, not sure on burning ) are selected.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I also have this problem with iTunes 8.2, but I'm going to try and burn the disc at a slower speed and see if that cures the problem. I think because iTunes is a threaded application, sometimes it's a bit too clever for its own good and when writing a disc at full pelt, it sometimes messes up if it tries to do something else at the same time.

The music I tried burning was from the iTunes store, so definitely not an import skip or something like that.

Anyway, I'll let you know how I get on.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jaymie View Post

I also have this problem with iTunes 8.2, but I'm going to try and burn the disc at a slower speed and see if that cures the problem...

Hadn't thought of that, might be onto something there.

Good media makes a difference too. Sony is a favorite of mine, nice & heavy labels.