It seems it's impossible to get a good calibration done on the "Air".

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I got a MacBook Air (SSD), I love it. The one thing is annoying me though is the bad display calibration job Apple did. And if Apple didn't do it, they need to get their finger out. I tried all the built in profiles, and several brought up from a Google search. I have one currently that's not that bad, but it's certainly not what you would call impressive. The calibration on my iMac is perfect, and a pale yellow UI part I added to my site looks perfect on my iMac, and looks good on other PC's too. On the Air it looks either white or another color I can't describe, sort of light beige I suppose you'd call it, but it also looks overblown. I am not color blind, and the two things I know I have that are working correctly are my eyes.

Any help appreciated, thanks. This is just not acceptable. I might call Apple next week if I can't find a solution to this niggly annoyance. To me this is an oversight they need to address, and quickly. And I know it's a matter or your preference or perception, but these profiles just look odd. And I don't think it's the display at fault really. Well I certainly hope it's not.