Next PM will be white

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The key is the new iMac keyboard.

Apple will use the same keyboard as with the iMac.

Sorry if this already been covered a million times...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by richard788:

<strong>The key is the new iMac keyboard.

Apple will use the same keyboard as with the iMac.

Sorry if this already been covered a million times...</strong><hr></blockquote>

why would they do that? the powermac and iMac had different keyboards up until MWNY 2000.

it's not like its hard to have 2 different colored keyboards produced
  • Reply 2 of 36
    I hope not: The first thing I'm doing with the new iMac is trading the white peripherals for black ones.

Anyone wanna trade their black mouse and keyboard for a white set in a few weeks?

SdC
  • Reply 3 of 36
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
  • Reply 4 of 36
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    I agree. White sides with the Apple logo in that silver like the new iMac. With the new design on the iMac making the exsisting towers look stupid (speed already covered) why not redo the case of the towers as well?

White/silver or titanium. A cross between the iMac and the TiBook.
  • Reply 5 of 36
    I thought that for a second hte next pmac would match the keyboard then I realized that the only diff between the old pro keyboard and the new is the color, meaning likewise that apple still has millions of unused black pro keyboards that they could easily couple with a new pmac be it white/black/silver or whatever
  • Reply 6 of 36
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    <a href="http://www.appleskinz.com"; target="_blank">Appleskinz</a>

Screed
  • Reply 7 of 36
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    White is the new Black!

(and those skinz suck!)
  • Reply 8 of 36
    scadboyscadboy Posts: 189member
    [quote]Originally posted by Outsider:

<strong> (and those skinz suck!)</strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree! Those are quite tasteless, and I hope Mr. Ive sues their asses promptly. Quite distasteful, and definitely doesn't go with the whole "minimalist" ideal.

Why do amatuers feel the need to clutter large open spaces with busy, distracting, and gross designs, just let it breath!

I welcome the white and silver PowerMac!

ciao,

michael
  • Reply 9 of 36
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I can see a Quicksilver in a "Snow" color. But for me it would appear as the white -- for Apple -- is reserved for their consumer line. I wouldn't be too surprised to see the next power Mac in black, along with the PowerBook in black, too.
  • Reply 10 of 36
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    [quote]Originally posted by scadboy:

<strong>I hope Mr. Ive sues their asses promptly. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Uh, Apple can't sue someone for making a sticker to put on your computer.
  • Reply 11 of 36
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    I would love to! Its hard to see a black keyboard in the night.
  • Reply 12 of 36
    [quote]Why do amatuers feel the need to clutter large open spaces with busy, distracting, and gross designs, just let it breath!<hr></blockquote>

you really haven't seen what "tacky" can encompass until you've seen someone put a decorated piece of paper on the inside of their cube.

its like fingernails on chalkboard. i'll take my cube unwrapped, thanks.

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: poor taylor ]</p>
  • Reply 13 of 36
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

<strong>Uh, Apple can't sue someone for making a sticker to put on your computer.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think they should be sued for it, it's a crime against design, humanity even. Either that, or I was joking... take your pick. Sometimes it's so hard to convey sarcastic humor without tonal inflection... But it's so easy to convey a rabid lack of humor.

[quote]Originally posted by poor taylor:

<strong>you really haven't seen what "tacky" can encompass until you've seen someone put a decorated piece of paper on the inside of their cube.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh, I've seen people do that... It's like buying a jaguar then having big tittied babes in bikinis airbrushed on the hood. It defiles the excellence of the design. As stylish as Apple's computers are, the trend it increasingly towards a design that just fades away and lets the user experience take over. Just look at the new iMac, yes, it's dramatic, but when you're using it, all you see is that big beautiful screen in front of you, the rest just becomes part of the background.

A Titanium/QuickSilver hybrid would be nifty... Maybe iMac style chrome handles? hmmm?

ciao,

michael
  • Reply 14 of 36
    [quote] t's like buying a jaguar then having big tittied babes in bikinis airbrushed on the hood. It defiles the excellence of the design. <hr></blockquote>

Where do you live? I've never seen a big titty girl aorbrushed on a Jag before.
  • Reply 15 of 36
    [quote]Originally posted by KidRed:

<strong>

Where do you live? I've never seen a big titty girl aorbrushed on a Jag before.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's a theoretical example, and yes, it has happened.

ciao,

michael
  • Reply 16 of 36
    In Georgia they have Jags with big titty girls airbrushed on their Jags?
  • Reply 17 of 36
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    What's wrong with Jags with big titty girls airbrushed on them? I think someone just gave me an idea for a good weekend project....
  • Reply 18 of 36
    *sigh* I should have known better than to use the "T" word in a room full of teenage hetero boys...

michael
  • Reply 19 of 36
    Well, I wouldn't say room full of teenage boys, but yea, you shouldn't have said titty because yea, titty is a word that will spark many titty full conversations
  • Reply 20 of 36
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    It's that I've been looking to spice up my Jag and now I know how!