Printing to multiple trays in OS X.2 (HP 8000 DN)

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
One of my clients has been having this problem where they are unable to print the first page of a document from Tray 1 and the rest from Tray 2 on an HP 8000 DN. I have the latest PPD and am unable to do it. The option just isn't there under "Paper handling" as it was in OS 9. Does anyone else have this problem?

--Mike

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    It's a bug. I read somewhere that Apple have admited that they left the code out. I guess it will come back at a .1 update.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Maybe I should read <a href="http://www.macfixit.com"; target="_blank">MacFixit</a>:

Enabling LaserWriter feeder trays MacFixIt reader Frederico has produced a tutorial for users experiencing a previously reported problem where feeder tray options are missing from Apple LaserWriter printers under Mac OS X 10.2.1.

"I'm still developing a workaround for printing the first page from tray X and subsequent pages from tray Y; hopefully OS X 10.2.2 will offer a fix before I have to."

From the original report:

"Upon doing some more researching regarding your issue, we discovered that currently envelope feeder accessories simply do not work with the Apple PPD files installed in Mac OS X.2. Until those PPD files are updated by Apple to recognize such devices, there is no way you can access it. If you need to use it, you would have to either: 1) downgrade to an earlier version of OS X; 2) use the envelope feeder attachment only in OS 9.x; 3) print envelopes in OS X using only the manual feed tray; 4) wait for Apple to update the PPD files."