"free" Iwork 09 trial

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Well, I downloaded the free iWork 09 trial and have been using it for 30 days. It's ok but not sure it's worth 99.00 can$$$ since I already have iWork 08 .... except now a large number of templates that were created in iWork 08 suddenly "need a newer version of iWork" to open ....wtf !!! I expect microsoft to "handle me" in this fashion but I'm disappointed in Apple using these strong arm tactics to "encourage" me into buying software that , until a few short years ago, used to be included free with new computers. I guess 25 billion in the bank is still not enough .... sign me "disappointed" 15 year mac fan.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Were these created in iWork 09?

iWork 08 was just updated about 10 days ago. So it may be that is what it is referring to?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GrayShades View Post

Were these created in iWork 09?

iWork 08 was just updated about 10 days ago. So it may be that is what it is referring to?

These particular templates were created in iWork 08 by me that I've been using for quite awhile now and in fact some were brought over from original pages app (06 ??) . I downloaded the recent update a few days ago . There was still a few days left on the trial period at the time.