Ripping out WiFi capabilities

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
How can I totally disable the wifi/airport capabilities from my mac book?

Not turn it off. I want to rip it out.

I'm not looking to set up a new account and set passwords I want to globally disable this feature.

Are there any extensions or files that I can delete in order for this to happen?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chaim View Post

Not turn it off. I want to rip it out.

Well, that's not an option, as they're part of the motherboard.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chaim View Post

Are there any extensions or files that I can delete in order for this to happen?

Yes, that would work, though I couldn't tell you which files they are. (They would have to be removed from the "System" folder at the root level of the HDD.) And then... could these missing files cause the system to hang or panic if some other part of the OS goes looking for that functionality?... I don't know.

The problem is, any system update MIGHT re-install these files (I suppose only if those particular files were being updated.) And if you don't retain the files in a backup somewhere (and remember where they go), you could only re-enable stuff by a complete System re-install. Though it sounds like that doesn't really matter to you.

There's also probably some way to do that from the "Terminal"... though you might need to logon as root. Again, someone with a knowledge of UNIX/OSX might know just what command to type in ...

Ooooooo... I know !! ... just wrap the entire computer (or at least the areas where the antennas are located) in tin-foil... you know, like your hat is made out of