New 24inch imac or old?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Sorry if this has already been posted i searched for it and found nothing. I'm about to buy a top of the line 24 inch imac, the 3.06. I was waiting on the new update that just dropped but like many others was not very impressed with what i saw. I know a few apple stores still have the pre update 24 inch in stock and im sure they did a good price cut on them to dump stock. Do you think it makes more sense to just go with that for the dollar saving? Is the new 3.06 really worth the extra money? Also if i end up going with the old imac do you think it would be possible to upgrade some memory and video card in it and if so still save some green when all said and done?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tweeder749 View Post

Sorry if this has already been posted i searched for it and found nothing. I'm about to buy a top of the line 24 inch imac, the 3.06. I was waiting on the new update that just dropped but like many others was not very impressed with what i saw. I know a few apple stores still have the pre update 24 inch in stock and im sure they did a good price cut on them to dump stock. Do you think it makes more sense to just go with that for the dollar saving? Is the new 3.06 really worth the extra money? Also if i end up going with the old imac do you think it would be possible to upgrade some memory and video card in it and if so still save some green when all said and done?

If you want "high-end" graphics, the Radeon 4850 on the new one is a lot faster than the Geforce 8800GS on the old one. Other than that, I don't think you'll find any difference worth the money.