Drobo sells 60k units

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.storagenewsletter.com/new...ed-60000-drobo

Quote:

Data Robotics, Inc. announced it closed an extraordinary year in terms of growth and industry acclaim for its Drobo storage products, with record 2008 sales and over 60,000 units being sold worldwide to date. Through a channel network of more than 1,000 partners worldwide, Data Robotics increased product awareness and penetrated new markets including small office/remote office, state/local government, and education.

Drobo is a relative unknown in the storage work and they've been able to push 60k units? That's not too shabby. With performance like this from such a small company I've got to wonder about how many units the big boys are pushing and of course the obligatory pondering of when Apple delivers a more focused storage product beyond the Time Capsules.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Good for them! The product seems sound, though I have no personal experience. They seem to have a pretty loyal following of users and I've yet to read a story of unrecoverable data and/or outright failure.

I wish I could justify the expense to own one, but they're still a bit more than I'm willing to spend for non-mission critical storage.