I don't get all this cry for a desktop-trackpad

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Seriously, why would people want to use a trackpad on their Mac Pro or iMac?

I find it very hard to get from one side of the sreen to the other accurately on mt MacBook, I don't even want to think of what it'd be like to use a trackpad on a 24 or 30 inch screen...

Sure the multi-touch gestures are all very nice, but is swipe-for-expose that much better than squeeze-for-expose? I think most of the trackpad multi-touch features can be incorporated in a more traditional laser-mouse enclosure in a way that they can be used much more effectively There are TONS of use-case scenarios where a traditional mouse is like 10 times faster than a trackpad, no matter how good it is. Drag-n-drop, moving windows around, having to click on a button on the top of your screen, then moving to the button to click something else... all much easier with a traditional mouse.

Imagine a mouse with 2 scroll wheels/balls, one for middle finger and one for index finger, the possibilities would be endless.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    utisnum1utisnum1 Posts: 138member
    Couldn't you have just posted this in the other thread about a desktop trackpad instead of making a new one discussing the same topic?

If i had a Apple desktop, i would use a trackpad since i am a Unibody MacBook user, it changes the way you navigate around a computer and interact with programs.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    lorrelorre Posts: 396member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UTisNUM1 View Post

Couldn't you have just posted this in the other thread about a desktop trackpad instead of making a new one discussing the same topic?

If i had a Apple desktop, i would use a trackpad since i am a Unibody MacBook user, it changes the way you navigate around a computer and interact with programs.

You're right, sorry, I checked this subforum but must've missed that specific thread.

I'll post this in the other thread and this one can disappear for all I care