Mass email using Apple Mail's included template?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
My wife and I are anticipating the birth of our first child in about two weeks, and we'd planned on sending out birth announcements via email instead of snail mail. As of now, we've got about 150 friends and family members that we'd like to send our birth announcement email to...

I wanted to know how I can do this without running into any issues, because I know that most email applications (on both the sending and receiving ends) will not allow you to send and won't accept emails where 150 people are CC'd (protection against spamming).

I know of several bulk email programs (such as the one's that can be found on versiontracker here), but I wasn't sure if I would be able to use the built-in templates provided by Apple Mail??

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can set things up ahead of time so that once our baby is born, sending out the announcement (USING THE APPLE MAIL TEMPLATE) will be a simple matter of clicking a button or two?

--------------------

UPDATE:

I came across this tutorial video that demonstrates how Automator can assist in helping me achieve what I'm trying to do here, but I am not sure if I will be able to use Mail.app's built in templates in conjunction with the workflow outlined in the video

This is the template I was planning on using ~

Any idea how I could make this work?

Thanks!