12'' Powerbook question, please help!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey Guys,

I am new to the forum, I have been browsing but never posted. I am looking at getting a 12'' powerbook fully loaded up, 1.5 ghz, and 1.25gb of ram. I have been looking alot on ebay, but that is beside the point. My question is, will this laptop run pro-tools le, ableton live, as well as surf the net, and provide basic word processing. I am on a budget and that is why I am looking into the powerbooks. Will the processor have much latency for protools?

thank you so much!

Ryan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    utisnum1utisnum1 Posts: 138member
    I would look for atleast a 1st gen Core 2 MacBook. It would be perfect for what you want to use it for. The PowerPC processors are old and dead. No one supports them.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Well, it might be fine if you go FireWire for connections and don't have anything else running and a 7200 drive.

I have a 12" PB G4. It's 867mhz, 1 gig ram, OS X 10.5.6. Freakin' sweet system, love how small it is. I like it better than the MacBook Air. It just has more soul. And a smaller footprint. I am in to small stuff. Anyhow if you don't need a small laptop a Macbook would do the trick, they're sweet. Not as quality on the finish I must say. The friggin' plastic fell off under my right hand on both my MacBook and my sister's Macbook. Definitely not like my oldschool PowerBook. Man old Macs are bulletproof and they work way longer than they should. I have a Color Classic too. It still boots and runs Word 5 like a champ. Ridiculous.