blackberry like chat app??

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Can anyone recommend a chat app for the iPhone like blackberry's messenger?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    skp_srskp_sr Posts: 21member
    is there one like that out there?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    f1turbof1turbo Posts: 257member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skp_sr View Post

is there one like that out there?

What's unique about Blackberry's chat capability that you're looking for?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    skp_srskp_sr Posts: 21member
    have you used blackberry messenger? it does not require an IM account, it just uses unique ID's from one device to another (basically the cell #).

the chat apps i see out there for the iphone use either AIM, Yahoo, etc...

it's just a bit faster that standard SMS and does not require it to be running all the time in order to get messages
  • Reply 4 of 7
    f1turbof1turbo Posts: 257member
    No, I haven't. So you have to have that to be able to chat with people on Blackberries? I just use AIM app to use AIM to chat, but have also used Meebo, which is web based and supports MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ICQ.

I see one called Moyotalk that uses phone numbers (looks like iPhones only though) and can send text and pictures. Papaya Mobile says it's also compatible with Blackberries.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    shaggyshaggy Posts: 42member
    Look for "Textfree" in the app store.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by F1Turbo View Post

No, I haven't. So you have to have that to be able to chat with people on Blackberries?

No, you don't have to have it, but it's built into all recent (all?) BlackBerrys and it works well. Of course, there are chat clients for BlackBerry for all the major networks as well but the BlackBerry Messenger is the lowest common denominator.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    No offense F1Turbo, but all the web based chat apps suck compared to the actual apps you can get in the app store. Palringo or IM+ will work with all the major services. Palringo is free, but can be a bit clunky at times and IM+ is better but costs a whopping $1. I would recommend going with the IM+ app personally.