My MacBook Air takes over 10 hours to charge from empty to full.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
To me this doesn't seem right. 10+ hours? This cannot be right.

How long does yours take from empty (0%) to full (100%)?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    Wasn't there a firmwire fix previously that fixes this problem?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Mine doesn't even charge to 100%, according to the istat nano widget. But to get to around 90% takes maybe a couple hours. Subjectively, it seems that the last few percentage points takes the longest. Probably something to do with the lithium polymer battery... is it true that if I bought Applecare, they will replace my battery for free?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    It's already after being to Apple Care, it's going back again tomorrow. Seems I "could" have a logic board problem. Though Apple isn't rushing to replace the unit. It's worth pointing out this will be its third trip to Apple Care. When I got the unit it had a 'factory' bend in the frame. I charge it last night, it was @ 10%, I charge it for over 6 hours, and it only got up to 67%.

I'm having a few issue with it shall we say. At one point it look about 11 hours to fully charge. There's no subjectivity involved, it's simple math.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    That sounds pretty lousy. Hopefully the Applecare guys can do something for you in that regard. Which generation of the Air do you have? Mine is one of the originals, I bought it one week after it was announced. From what I can tell, there have been multiple updates to EFI as well as SMC. I honestly can't recall which I've installed. I'm pretty sure that the operating system told me when I needed to update.