Airport not holding internet

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
This started about a week ago and has gradually become worse. Internet keeps dropping out, and I've had to keep manually refreshing the IP through 'Renew DCHP Lease' in Control Panels more and more often, and it no longer seems to work. It just gives me the same one or two IP numbers that either don't connect, or quickly drop out. I've tried rebooting everything multiple times, restarting, etc.

I've plugged into ethernet now, and everything is working fine, so it seems to be limited to when I'm wireless with Airport. Any thoughts? My tech specs are in my signature below. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    That happened to my wife's old emac - evidently the wireless card wore out. Try a different computer with wireless, to isolate the problem to either your hub or your computer.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    I'm not sure if it's the same issue or not, but I have a black Macbook that started losing it's wifi connection recently as well. I ended up going into the network settings and just manually filling in the IP info. It's been working without problems for over a week now. No other systems on my network were having the issue either.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    grimsongrimson Posts: 108member
    How would I know what info to use to manually fill in the IP info?

It may be a problem with my ISP - I'm having the same problem using the ethernet, and my older iMac is also having the same issue when I use the ethernet connection.