Should i buy an Iphone now ????

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hey guys plz tell me what you think !!!!

i want to buy an IPhone 3G but i don't know if to wait to see if there will be a new IPhone

3G coming out in Jun/July so as you can see ill be pissed of if a new IPhone comes out so

what do guys think??????

Thanx

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    i.e. software (/firmware?) which is gonna roll out this summer. Whenever you buy an iPhone it will upgradeable...
  • Reply 2 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

i.e. software (/firmware?) which is gonna roll out this summer. Whenever you buy an iPhone it will upgradeable...

see i know its just OS Firmware but i don't know if apple is going to put out a new IPhone

cuz im hearing thing like there going to bring a 32GB Iphone or theres going to be 2 new Iphones coming out

so you see what im getting at i just dont want to buy the iphone and apple puts a better one out
  • Reply 3 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shiftybabymmm View Post

see i know its just OS Firmware but i don't know if apple is going to put out a new IPhone

cuz im hearing thing like there going to bring a 32GB Iphone or theres going to be 2 new Iphones coming out

so you see what im getting at i just dont want to buy the iphone and apple puts a better one out

New hardware would hardly be ready in Jun/Jul. People say it'll come in 2010...
  • Reply 4 of 30
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:

Really? Which people?
  • Reply 5 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot View Post

Really? Which people?

AT&T's de la Vega. Apple's Forestall... No?
  • Reply 6 of 30
    Quote:

didnt apple say the were going to release new hardware this summer????
  • Reply 7 of 30
    Quote:

Not hardware, unless I missed something.
  • Reply 8 of 30
    Quote:

AT&T's de la Vega. Apple's Forestall... No?

No I don't think so. No one from Apple has announced any hardware timetable( they rarely do!) and I cant see anything from AT&T.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    Quote:

Sorry shifty, but why is this thread so wierd?

Your OP asked about new iPhone hardware and now you say Apple have made hardware announcements. Do you actually have a legitimate question?
  • Reply 10 of 30
    Quote:

No I don't think so. No one from Apple has announced any hardware timetable( they rarely do!) and I cant see anything from AT&T.

They haven't. They (Apple) said everything they could to make us believe 3.0 is worth the big nice mid-year release.

AT&T plans to deploy 3.5G only in 2010. I wouldn't say it's usual for Apple to release anything with no supporting infrastructure right on the day 1...
  • Reply 11 of 30
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    no...

Wait for iPhone 3 this summer. It will absolutely have a better camera, and may even have (my biggest wish/request since iPhone 1 shipped) an OLED screen. I made a short post in 2008 reviewing the first iPhone, and I made a point of saying its display/screen was its weakest link, seeing as its UI is completely dependent on it, it needs to be OLED.
  • Reply 12 of 30
    Quote:

AT&T plans to deploy 3.5G only in 2010.

A lot of informed commentators believe that that iPhone WILL get a hardware upgrade this summer, and I agree. There are still many improvements that could be made prior to any changes to the network. Screen, battery, speaker, camera(s), reception etc etc.

The bigger clue, I believe, is that there will be a lot of iPhone 1G users coming to the end of their contracts this year. They might be looking for something new to play with!
  • Reply 13 of 30
    Quote:

A lot of informed commentators believe that that iPhone WILL get a hardware upgrade this summer, and I agree. There are still many improvements that could be made prior to any changes to the network. Screen, battery, speaker, camera(s), reception etc etc.

The bigger clue, I believe, is that there will be a lot of iPhone 1G users coming to the end of their contracts this year. They might be looking for something new to play with!

August is summer month, too. I just doubt anything on hardware side will come out in June. We'll see.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    Quote:

August is summer month, too. I just doubt anything on hardware side will come out in June. We'll see.

Yes August 2009. Not 2010.

Weird thread. Going nowhere. Bye.
  • Reply 15 of 30
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Boy Genius says June. June, duh!
  • Reply 16 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Boy Genius says June. June, duh!

So does Forestall. Are they talking about the same iPhone?
  • Reply 17 of 30
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

AT&T plans to deploy 3.5G only in 2010.

We already are using 3.5G which is HSDPA, and have been for quite some time, 3G is an older standard which taps out at around 384k.
  • Reply 18 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

We already are using 3.5G which is HSDPA

But HSPA+ is yet to come. In 2010.
  • Reply 19 of 30
    so guys my

my original question was

should i buy an Iphone now??? like right now this week!!!

i just don't know what to make of what people are saying and what to believe

like this came out yesterday

""Confidently declaring that the information he has obtained is "100% confirmed," Boy Genius says he has heard a formal unveiling for the third iPhone is due in mid-June and that AT&T is now familiar enough with the process that a mid-year iPhone update is "becoming a tradition" at the carrier.""

so should i wait or just go and buy one what do you guys think

and Thanx
  • Reply 20 of 30
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    Read this first, then decide:

http://apple20.blogs.fortune.cnn.com...dware-upgrade/
    • It will be announced in June. A leak in early February said it would come in June. The Boy Genius says mid-June. We say June 8, unveiled perhaps by Steve Jobs himself.

• It will ship in July. As senior VP Phil Schiller told the New York Times in January (link), Apple now marches to its own seasonal product cycles, which for the past two years have included long lines forming outside Apple Stores in early July or very late June to buy the latest iPhones.

• It will offer faster Internet access. The Boy Genius hints at a doubling of download speeds (to 7.2 Mps) using a new chipset from Infineon (IFX). This follows last Friday?s Silicon Alley Insider report of faster Internet access and Electronista?s report that Infineon?s new chipset, due in mid-2009, would support the faster speeds while also improving battery life. See AppleInsider?s Prince McLean, who lays out the evolution of AT&T?s 3G and 4G networks in chart form.

• It will have a new architecture. Some inspired firmware sleuthing by MacRumors last January revealed a product number ? iPhone2,1 ? never seen before. As AppleInsider pointed out at the time, the first and second iPhone identify themselves as iPhones 1,1 and 1,2. (link) The shift to 2,1, by Apple?s product numbering conventions, suggests a major product upgrade.

• It will have a faster chipset. MacRumors reports that Apple has been buying up supplies of the new Marvell (MRVL) PXA168 ARM chip introduced in January and may have settled on it ?as the heart of a future device.? According to the manufacturer, the chip ?delivers the processing capabilities of an entry-level laptop to instant-on, digital consumer devices by enabling full-featured web surfing, Internet widgets, multi-format video, Adobe (ADBE) Flash Lite-based content playback, image processing, video conferencing and advanced graphical user interfaces (GUIs) ? at consumer price points with ultra-low power for longer battery life.?

• It will be integrated with AT&T?s TV services. According to The Boy Genius, it will support the U-verse protocol, which Wikipedia describes as AT&T?s attempt to ?leapfrog current cable television-and-internet services by offering features like a DVR that can record up to four shows at a time and is programmable from any web-connected computer.? (link) In a long essay posted Tuesday in Roughly Drafted Magazine, Daniel Eran Dilger suggests that this could signal a major effort by Apple to make reinvent Apple TV as a high definition TV controller and digital video recorder running on AT&Ts expanding TV services.

• It will support more sophisticated games. The buzz at this week?s Game Developers Conference in San Francisco is the challenge the iPhone ? with its 6,000 games and frictionless App Store ? is posing for dedicated game machines made by Microsoft (MSFT), Sony (SNE) and Nintendo. Apple?s hand could be considerably strengthened if the rumored improvements in its graphics capabilities ? for example, by incorporating the Imagination Technologies PowerVR SGX543 chip introduced at January?s Consumer Electronics Show (see here) ? find their way into the new iPhone. See also the iPhone graphics round-up published last week in InfoMobile.