Sync Exchange Drafts Folder on iPhone?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Anyone know if iPhone OS 3.0 will include the ability to sync the Drafts folder form Exchange servers? It works with MobileMe, but for some reason the iPhone cant "see" the contents of the Exchange servers Drafts folder. Likewise, creating a draft on the iPhone stores it locally on the iPhone and it never gets pushed to the Exchange account as expected. This seems like a trivial issue, but its actually could be a major deal killer for iPhone deployment in my environment.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    jet14jet14 Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dstranathan View Post

Anyone know if iPhone OS 3.0 will include the ability to sync the Drafts folder form Exchange servers? It works with MobileMe, but for some reason the iPhone cant "see" the contents of the Exchange servers Drafts folder. Likewise, creating a draft on the iPhone stores it locally on the iPhone and it never gets pushed to the Exchange account as expected. This seems like a trivial issue, but its actually could be a major deal killer for iPhone deployment in my environment.

Glad to know this problem is not unique to my work environment. Given how little has been posted about this issue, though, I still wonder if there's some configuration-specific issue that is making this happen. I can tell you that my employer, citing "security concerns", has consciously NOT activated the IMAP functionality of MS Exchange Server. Can you connect to your Exchange server using the desktop Apple Mail program? If not, and if most other iPhone/Exchange users can, that may explain the lack of an outcry on this issue.

Just my $0.02...

J