Mac Help Is Slow

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
When I go to open Mac Help in os X 10.1.5, it takes forever to open, I get the spinning beach ball for sometime than it opens?

-Should I go ~/Library/Caches and drag the folder named "com.apple.helpui to trash can?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Couldn't hurt.

10.2's help is slower, believe it or not.

I find that browsing Apple's online help is much faster.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    I find it slow because I think it goes online to get the pages if possible so it has to download them which seems to take a while.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    Yup, Jaguar's help is even slower....

They dump too much information inside, and most of it are useless information.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    macluvmacluv Posts: 261member
    Not only is it slower, but a lot of times it doesn't work properly. If a HTML doc uses frames, like Dreamweaver's help system, then you can't even click on them.

Does anyone know the address to the Apple feedback page?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    <a href="http://www.apple.com/macosx/feedback/"; target="_blank">Mac OS X Feedback</a>.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Mac OS 10.2 Help from the time I clicked on help to it being usable was 36 seconds for me. I guess my Dual 1.25GHZ G4 with 2GB RAM pays off.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    well i guess i shouldn't complain...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    I was jokinh about having a Dual 1.25GHZ G4. I only have a biege G3 266mhz. and it took 36 seconds to launch on this my beige G3.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    I have never, ever, ever gotten a useful answer out of Apple's Help app. Never.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    I have when it was the help to a third party app that used the system