Finder FTP

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Can someone out there please tell me qhat exactly the bug in teh Finder FTP is? I have heard verying reports on the severity of it and frequency that it occurs, but have never seen it myself.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

--PB

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    It usually doesn't connect, or stay connected. Or if it does, it loses the connection as soon as you try to transfer anything. At least that's my problems with it.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Also, the Finder sometimes will connect to a server but display that there are zero items on it.

Also, the permissions are always broken, never allowing you to upload to the server.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    finder ftp is another example of the joke that finder on os x is. i think the whole unix thing is a lot more complicated than apple planned for. i would kill for os x to behave like os 9 but with the preemptive multitasking, memory protection, etc. why'd they have to go and make the thing suck?

ah well.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Seems kinda cruel to me to introduce a killer feature like that and then only implement it halfway, like a cruel taste of what it coulda been like.. Oh well.. =)
  • Reply 5 of 11
    FTP is a broken, unsupported feature. Don't complain. It will (hopefully) get fixed.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    [quote]Originally posted by progmac:

<strong>finder ftp is another example of the joke that finder on os x is. i think the whole unix thing is a lot more complicated than apple planned for. i would kill for os x to behave like os 9 but with the preemptive multitasking, memory protection, etc. why'd they have to go and make the thing suck?

ah well.</strong><hr></blockquote>

omg like osx x sucks so badly its just not right apple sucks mac sucks i wish everything would just work like back with classic and why the hell did apple change from system software to mac os whatever anyway like that was so bad

Barto