Apple posts Aperture 2.1.3

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple on Tuesday evening released Aperture 2.1.3 (48.1MB), a new fix for its pro photo management app.

The update specifically addresses file type and database issues, and is notable for ensuring that RAW images from Nikon cameras now show thumbnails in the Import window, when seen directly from the memory card.

It also prevents duplicate image versions from surfacing when rebuilding a library and tackles a bug that would prevent consolidating or relocating the library in some situations.

Apple recommends the patch for all users and requires either Mac OS X 10.4.11 or 10.5.3 and later versions.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Shouldn't we have seen Aperture 3 by now? It's been well over a year since version 2 right?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Shouldn't we have seen Aperture 3 by now? It's been well over a year since version 2 right?

I moved on to Adobe Lightroom 2. By far, it seems to be a better product. Aperture 2 was solid for me, but it's very clunky in comparison to Lightroom 2 (which at least receives updates quite often). If Apple is going to drop a product and then forget about it, then they should literally drop the product. As I recall, I paid for it, and others in the industry have outpaced what they released. I wish it wasn't so. I love having the Apple Updater utility grab all my new updates rather than having a separate utility for Adobe.

Why Apple, why?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilmrwzrd View Post

I moved on to Adobe Lightroom 2. By far, it seems to be a better product. Aperture 2 was solid for me, but it's very clunky in comparison to Lightroom 2 (which at least receives updates quite often). If Apple is going to drop a product and then forget about it, then they should literally drop the product. As I recall, I paid for it, and others in the industry have outpaced what they released. I wish it wasn't so. I love having the Apple Updater utility grab all my new updates rather than having a separate utility for Adobe.

Why Apple, why?

Apple's not dropping Aperture. They've gone into hibernation with all of their Pro apps. You should hear the Logic users vocalizing their displeasure at not getting any updates. Apple must be making some core changes and I think we're a few months from seeing the end result.

My guess would be adding 64-bit support and getting rid of redundant carbon code. Hopefully this leads to faster and more stable apps.