Buttons on a G4 Quicksilver

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hello All,

What do the two little buttons under the power button on the front of a G4 Quicksilver do? The one in the middle has a "play" icon on it although it is pointing in the wrong direction to be a play button. It points to the left. The other smaller one has the look of a reset button.

Thanks,

Felmer Dingle

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    rezwitsrezwits Posts: 879member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Felmer Dingle View Post

Hello All,

What do the two little buttons under the power button on the front of a G4 Quicksilver do? The one in the middle has a "play" icon on it although it is pointing in the wrong direction to be a play button. It points to the left. The other smaller one has the look of a reset button.

Thanks,

Felmer Dingle

One is a reset switch, and the other is programmer's switch. The programmer's switch is usually used in OS 9...

Laters
  • Reply 2 of 2
    anna2009anna2009 Posts: 18member
    I just tried again. I will tell you what I did. Probably too much info but...

OK, I did the hold down C button and got to a screen with a nice "CD" backdrop and a Window entitled "Power Mac G4 Install CD"

Icons in Window: Late breaking News, before you install, Install Mac OS 9.2 pdf, Mac OS install, Applications (Mac OS 9), CD Extras, Utilities

I opened "Install Mac OS 9.2" and got to "Select destination" and it says "Choose a disc to install the software on then click select".

At the bottom in small print it says "A valid destination volume can't be found. To continue the installation process mount a valid volume for software installation". Yes, that's easy for you to say.

In the bottom left-hand corner was an options box which I opened and it said "Perform clean installation" with a check box which I checked and closed again.

The select box was now available so I clicked it and did the "before you install" and "license agreement" pages (oooh it was all getting very exciting....) and then I got to a bit where it said "Click start to install MAC OS 9.2.1 on Power MAC G4 install CD" and I thought that couldn't be right

and obviously it didn't work