iPod touch won't connect to network

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hello all,

I have a 1st gen iPod touch that I've had for about a year and a half. Up until about a month ago, it has worked fine. Recently, however, I haven't been able to connect to the internet on my home network. I've tried connecting on several other networks since that time, and each of them has worked fine. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the iPod or with AirPort. I'm using an AirPort Extreme base station from about 2003, which still works fine with all the computers in my house. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenacres View Post

Hello all,

I have a 1st gen iPod touch that I've had for about a year and a half. Up until about a month ago, it has worked fine. Recently, however, I haven't been able to connect to the internet on my home network. I've tried connecting on several other networks since that time, and each of them has worked fine. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the iPod or with AirPort. I'm using an AirPort Extreme base station from about 2003, which still works fine with all the computers in my house. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

I have the same iPod as you do. Do a check on the settings of your Airport Extreme. If all is fine, then my bet would be that your iPpod has a defective WIFI module.

Hope I've helped.