US Apple Refurb shipped to UK?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi there, I have the black macbook got it for £440 of eBay, put a bunch of expensive software on it, cleaned it up a bit, and now its a beaut :P 2GB RAM and 2.0GHz (H)

But I REALLY like the look of the new MacBooks, and I really want a silver laptop, the keyboards aswell are just georgeous And I'm from the UK and currently a refurbished macbook (I'm not rich, I have only bought a few NEW things in my life) would cost a whopping £929, thats about $1350 and I really don't have that kinda money, but in the US, the cheapest one is a bit lower at about £750 ($1099), and I know they are always being sold and getting new ones etc, but anyway. I was wondering if I can get a US refurb from the US store, and get it shipped to UK? :P:P I know they'll be diferent models but this MacBook was originally bought in the US and I'm fine with the keyboard layout, got very used to it. And anyway, I think I could sell this lovely machine for atleast £500-£550 given the software on it... (norton, iwork + ilife '09, adobe master collection CS4, LW PRO, bunch of other stuff and Windows Vista) so I could then work for a bit and get the money for a macbook.

I have only ever really seen a macbook in the apple refurb store for lowest or £719 and thats the lowest I've ever seen, that was about 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, long story short, can I get a US refurb shipped to UK?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Sure thing.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/cam...er?mco=MTE3NzQ

One more thing, sales tax is not included in the US price, unlike how it is in Europe, and probably the rest of the world.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bass19 View Post

Hi there, I have the black macbook got it for £440 of eBay, put a bunch of expensive software on it, cleaned it up a bit, and now its a beaut :P 2GB RAM and 2.0GHz (H)

But I REALLY like the look of the new MacBooks, and I really want a silver laptop, the keyboards aswell are just georgeous And I'm from the UK and currently a refurbished macbook (I'm not rich, I have only bought a few NEW things in my life) would cost a whopping £929, thats about $1350 and I really don't have that kinda money, but in the US, the cheapest one is a bit lower at about £750 ($1099), and I know they are always being sold and getting new ones etc, but anyway. I was wondering if I can get a US refurb from the US store, and get it shipped to UK? :P:P I know they'll be diferent models but this MacBook was originally bought in the US and I'm fine with the keyboard layout, got very used to it. And anyway, I think I could sell this lovely machine for atleast £500-£550 given the software on it... (norton, iwork + ilife '09, adobe master collection CS4, LW PRO, bunch of other stuff and Windows Vista) so I could then work for a bit and get the money for a macbook.

I have only ever really seen a macbook in the apple refurb store for lowest or £719 and thats the lowest I've ever seen, that was about 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, long story short, can I get a US refurb shipped to UK?

First off, if you're selling the black MacBook with software included as part of the price, make sure you include the original install discs and licenses to all the software. Not sure why you'd want to do that though, as you'll want the software on your new MacBook, though, right?

Second, you can buy the US refurb and ship it to a US address only. Then your contact in the US will have to ship it to you, and hope British customs doesn't get hold of it.