Installing 10.2 over 10.1.5

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I've just received 10.2 through the free educators offer. I don't want to re-install apps. etc. What will be the quickest, easiest and will cause the least time. What info will unavoidabley get lost and need to be re-entered. Thanks in advance . . .

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I've loaded 10.2 over 10.1.5 on several machines with no huge problems. the worst was having to enter in some network/airport again. And that was on just one machine.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    There is an option to archive and install the new OS, and to preserve your users. That is about the safest of all the bets...

That being said, I actually noticed a huge speed difference between doing this, and doing a fresh install. FWIW
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Last night, I upgraded from 10.1.5 to 10.2 - I just did the upgrade, and I havent had any problems. After upgrading, just go to your software updater and it will get 10.2.3 for you. After all that, wow ... the speed increase is quite noticeable, at least for me.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I did the update and didn't have any problems.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>I did the update and didn't have any problems.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Same.

Simply insert the CD and go for it! Very simple indeed!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    works well for me, too*

... i just trust a "erased disk" and a "clean install" more.