Evolution-outlook alternative, anyone know anything?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi

I'm trying to get some info about an outlook alternative called Evolution.

Has anyone used it? got it run on OSX?

I'm interested in ditching as much of the M$ apps as I can and this would help me out a lot.

Thanks

[ 01-16-2003: Message edited by: robster ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I've tried several times to get it to work on XDarwin and then Apple's X11. It compiles fine, but it can't start up. I gave up, realizing it's taking up too much time and printing/networking will probably be a little screwy anyways.

Now if they made a real MacOS X version of Evolution, I'll try it again.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by Outsider:

<strong>I've tried several times to get it to work on XDarwin and then Apple's X11. It compiles fine, but it can't start up. I gave up, realizing it's taking up too much time and printing/networking will probably be a little screwy anyways.

Now if they made a real MacOS X version of Evolution, I'll try it again.</strong><hr></blockquote>

hooray, i'm not mad, it does exist!

Where did you get it from? I'll maybe contact the makers and ask about an OS X port...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    [quote]Originally posted by robster:

<strong>

hooray, i'm not mad, it does exist!

Where did you get it from? I'll maybe contact the makers and ask about an OS X port...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Heh, they've already been begged for OS X support. There IS an OS X port in the work, don't fear. the developers of Evolution are <a href="http://www.ximian.com"; target="_blank">Ximian</a>.