Series of YouTube videos show off Apple's Snow Leopard

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 112
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Breaking the NDA on a Google owned site. How long before the videos are taken down? I'm guessing 2PM EST.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Aaaaannnnnd........ the videos are no more.

I wasn’t too far off in my prediction.

edit: I just noticed I wrote EST even though I meant PST. Oh well, I have no way to prove it and it means absolutely nothing anyway.
  • Reply 102 of 112
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Btw: Respect the NDA. I sure as hell have no desire to post Leopard updates to get everybody weak at the knees and thus compromise the NDA.
  • Reply 103 of 112
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland;1418261...

It's all bullshit as far as I'm concerned, until I actually see the thing working faster...

Signature material all the way Ireland!
  • Reply 104 of 112
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Probably not. I doubt he has a ADC membership. He's probably downloaded SL illegally.

Which would leave him wide open to even greater consequences. Clearly he isn't thinking things out.
  • Reply 105 of 112
    martinzmartinz Posts: 92member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by str1f3 View Post

I hope it is. There were rumors of this change back before Leopard came out called "Illuminous". Apparently it was even in a dev release for Leopard but never made it to the final cut. It would fit very much in line with the new Macs. The good thing is that it's not much longer 'til we'll see a preview.

BTW leave Finder guy alone, we all need our mascots!

It wouldn't be bad if they made the new GUI black like that, but I would definitely like to keep the traffic lights - as it is I can't handle more than a few days on the 'Graphite' scheme as I miss that splash of colour too much.

If they put in disappearing scrollbars it had better be optional and off by default, lest new users be really confused. And they would need to work a lot better than the iPhone ones - ever tried scrolling to the bottom of a long email/document there?

I agree on leaving the Finder icon. I would probably have been fine with it changing for Leopard when the Dock (where it is mainly seen) changed so much. Sure it may not be an intuitive icon, but I don't think it would go well if they tried to make it so.
  • Reply 106 of 112
    Anyone out there get a mirror?
  • Reply 107 of 112
    digitoldigitol Posts: 276member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by epheterson View Post

Anyone out there get a mirror?

^BUmp!
  • Reply 108 of 112
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Fellow's YoutTube account wasn't "permanently deleted". Apple don't seem too much upset...
  • Reply 109 of 112
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by str1f3 View Post

I hope it is. There were rumors of this change back before Leopard came out called "Illuminous". Apparently it was even in a dev release for Leopard but never made it to the final cut. It would fit very much in line with the new Macs. The good thing is that it's not much longer 'til we'll see a preview.

Yeah, I remember the rumor of a black gloss "Illuminous" theme, I really hoped it would come into Leopard but apparently not. I now hope it'll come in Snow Leopard.

But now it looks like I'll be waiting for yet another Mac OS X version.
  • Reply 110 of 112
    timmydaxtimmydax Posts: 284member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

It would certainly be a stark visual change, especially with drop down menus from the Menu Bar.

Huh?

Quote:

...actually likes the reflective shelf-Dock

Same, though I have to change the lights out of aesthetic obsession. They went a bit far with their reflection on the standard dock, I think. (I prefer mine... )

Quote:

I anticipate another redesign, but I could be very wrong; maybe ... uniform look.

Interesting. They've got more than enough guidelines on icon design already (!): Apple HIGs - Icons, and it would be a shame to see the Leopard dock go, or at least the general look, it's be nice to see some default background changes, maybe some tweaks in its implementation at the "front edge". Be nice to see a more-iPhone-like dock in Dashboard, too.

Quote:

Haha, well he's going to stand out even worse...

Like this? (This is my custom Dock, btw)

Quote:

we'll likely be gazing at it all!!

This whole thing just makes WWDC more to look forward to.

They do seem to be about to have an interface change. I've noticed some stuff popping up in app's resources folders of late, but it could just be prep for resolution independence at some point. On these screenshots, the background QT window "title bar" overlay buttons look unfinished to me.
  • Reply 111 of 112
    wobegonwobegon Posts: 764member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TimmyDax View Post

Huh?

That was poorly worded. If Apple was going to apply QTX's theme to any other part(s) of the OS, I believe they would apply it to the Menu Bar and all other contextual menus. Whether they would do that is another story. I kind of doubt it on the one hand and buy into it on the other.

If you do command-alt-ctrl-8, you can see what a QTX style Menu Bar would probably look like.

That's what I meant by stark! Just realized an even better example would be QuickLook windows.

Quote:

Interesting. They've got more than enough guidelines on icon design already (!): Apple HIGs - Icons, and it would be a shame to see the Leopard dock go, or at least the general look, it's be nice to see some default background changes, maybe some tweaks in its implementation at the "front edge".

"Front edge"? But you're right, I don't want to see variety in icons go away, nor do I want to go backwards with a 2D Dock.

Quote:

Be nice to see a more-iPhone-like dock in Dashboard, too.

You mean like rearranging or removing widget icons like the iPhone Dock? They're already pretty similar considering the former inspired the latter.

Quote:

Like this? (This is my custom Dock, btw)

Yep, Mr. Smiley Finder looks even more out of his league. What could replace ever replace such an iconic icon though? \
  • Reply 112 of 112
    macfindermacfinder Posts: 32member
    All these videos were deleted by Apple, Inc

Apple, if you hear me, please, don't replace the Finder's icon:

I love it !