Next iPhone specs leaked?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Not sure if you guys have seen this:

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/...date-revealed/

A bit underwhelming if you ask me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I haven't seen it but now that I have...... I hope theres more to it than that. Not sure if its enough to get me to upgrade.... ahhh who the hell am I kidding!? I waited for 12hrs in line and was THE 1st person to get the iPhone 3G in Bonita Spings

Anyways, I do like the rubber type exterior, although not as nice looking it'll keep from slipping from people's hands. I personally know 2 people who have dropped and broken theirs, but the Apple store replaced both of theirs FREE and no questions asked. They said that a drop from ear height shouldn't have broken the phone and that it must have been defective.

And I am craving a better camera!!! Video is nice. The GF and I like to make movies and take a lot of pictures and I've been able to do that for years on other phones, so its always welcome. Shutter speeds need to be dramatically improved.

Don't care about GPS. If you're not retarded then you can figure out your North from your South and use the built-in MAPS app.

FM radio is something that I don't want and won't use.

Battery life would be nice.

Overall, I already know I'm buying the new one. I bought the first gen on the day it came out and I got the very first 2nd gen in my area, so I'll be there getting the 3rd gen as well.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RabidRabbit View Post

Not sure if you guys have seen this:

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/...date-revealed/

A bit underwhelming if you ask me.

What exactly would have been overwhelming?

I consider

OLED screen

Twice the RAM and processing power

1.5x battery life

to be major things. Add turn by turn GPS and it's a "must upgrade" device for many.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Certainly not underwhelming, in fact seems like a quite long list of feature changes for an Apple product.

I really hope 90% of that list makes the final release.

EDIT; The absence of Nike+ is slightly odd considering the iPod touchgot upgraded.