Forum for new products

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Looking at the General Discussion thread on the Tipard Video Converter gave me an idea. How about a specific forum for new products. Maybe call it just that: "New Products". Hopefully, that would funnel all the spam into one forum and keep it out of the other forums. Further, we could look at that forum periodically to check out stuff we may not have known about before.

I know that there's a forum called Applications, but I think that should be kept to pre-existing apps..

I'm going to guess that since people do not like change, this idea is going to meet with stiff resistance. Please guys, state your opinions, but don't be nasty about it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    I think it's a good idea for the legitimate product announcements, though it's not my call to make.

I don't know about the typical spammer though, as it seems most spam is posted by bots.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,320moderator
    Tipard is regular spam along with most of the video encoding software posted - I would urge people to not click the links in their posts. They post here not to introduce products but to add links to their products from as many forums as possible in the hope of improving their Google rank.

They are removed on a daily basis. The same goes for aiseesoft, cucusoft, daniusoft and a host of others. They sometimes try to cross-link products and will have fake reviews of various encoding products.

Then of course you get the spammers who come here saying 'hey I found this great product, I was wondering if anyone thinks it may be suitable' and they only have one post and it turns out to be their product. They don't deserve to be recognized either and are removed.

When you cut all those out, you find no genuine developers who want to introduce new useful software products.