iPhone Security

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi I apologize for this rather basic question but I'll be honest I am not that much a cellphone guru. I've been waiting patiently to get an iPhone and with the new ones hopefully being announced this Monday I might finally take the plunge. The only thing keeping me back though is I'm curious how secure the iPhone is.

I guess another way to put it is say I wanted to check my e-mail on my phone, twitter or some other web service. Am I protected from having UN and Pass stolen just as well as I am on my computer, or am I as vulnerable as someone logging in at a free wifi hotspot that doesn't have a password to connect to the network. I guess I want to understand how the iPhone keeps all the sensitive data away from those who want to steal it. Any information to make me feel better about this would be great. It is the only thing stopping me from getting an iPhone day 1 when the new ones hit.

Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Omni245 View Post

Hi I apologize for this rather basic question but I'll be honest I am not that much a cellphone guru. I've been waiting patiently to get an iPhone and with the new ones hopefully being announced this Monday I might finally take the plunge. The only thing keeping me back though is I'm curious how secure the iPhone is.

I guess another way to put it is say I wanted to check my e-mail on my phone, twitter or some other web service. Am I protected from having UN and Pass stolen just as well as I am on my computer, or am I as vulnerable as someone logging in at a free wifi hotspot that doesn't have a password to connect to the network. I guess I want to understand how the iPhone keeps all the sensitive data away from those who want to steal it. Any information to make me feel better about this would be great. It is the only thing stopping me from getting an iPhone day 1 when the new ones hit.

Thanks in advance guys.

Every phone has its security flaws and the iPhone has its own, too. You surely are protected from phisers and Safari blocks unwanted sites which link pop-ups. Go to Apple's Support Online to find out more. They will answer your problems and worries.

Good luck on your iPhone if you get one.

All the best! I hope this helped.