iphone 3g locking up, sorta...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey guys, new on the forum but hoping someone could shed a little light on a situation with the wife's iphone.

We both have iphone 3g's, mine is performing superbly, but the wife's exhibits some strange behavior. The issues seem to be isolated when she is in her office building. The phone displays full bars on 3g, but it takes several tries to send an sms message (will just hang several times but allows her to back out and try again). She'll also have issues accessing any apps, like slacker radio will fail to update and she'll get a connection error. When we're home on wifi it works great, and it seemingly works fine on 3g elsewhere, although she had similar issues when travelling in Vegas a few weeks ago. Mind you, the phone worked fine for several months in all locations.

I want to chalk it up to 3g reception problems, but again, it displays full bars in 3g during these issues (and previously worked in all locations).

I just did a restore yesterday in itunes and then restored the data and settings from a back-up. Now she says it's happening again. My only other thought was to restore again, and this time don't restore the data from a back-up but treat it as a new phone (perhaps there's a corrupt file borking it). We made an appt at the apple store tonight for them to look at it.

Any other insight would be welcomed.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sp1dey View Post

Hey guys, new on the forum but hoping someone could shed a little light on a situation with the wife's iphone.

We both have iphone 3g's, mine is performing superbly, but the wife's exhibits some strange behavior. The issues seem to be isolated when she is in her office building. The phone displays full bars on 3g, but it takes several tries to send an sms message (will just hang several times but allows her to back out and try again). She'll also have issues accessing any apps, like slacker radio will fail to update and she'll get a connection error. When we're home on wifi it works great, and it seemingly works fine on 3g elsewhere, although she had similar issues when travelling in Vegas a few weeks ago. Mind you, the phone worked fine for several months in all locations.

I want to chalk it up to 3g reception problems, but again, it displays full bars in 3g during these issues (and previously worked in all locations).

I just did a restore yesterday in itunes and then restored the data and settings from a back-up. Now she says it's happening again. My only other thought was to restore again, and this time don't restore the data from a back-up but treat it as a new phone (perhaps there's a corrupt file borking it). We made an appt at the apple store tonight for them to look at it.

Any other insight would be welcomed.

Try upgrading to OS 3.0. If it still behaves this way, do a hard reset and restore data once more. If all fails, go to the Apple Store and request for help. They'll guide you through on how to repair/ fix your iPhone's faults.

Hope I've helped you.