Can I use Two iPhones with One Sim Card

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I currently own a 3G iPhone and just purchased a 2G iPhone to use while I am on vacation. The 2G is not activated and when I put the sim from my 3G into it and start iTunes it tells me that I will lose my FAN discount if I proceed.

I don't want to mess up my current account since I will only be using the 2G for about a month. How can I activate the 2G and swap the sim card between the phones without changing my At&t account info through iTunes?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Ummm... I'm not sure and may probably have to consult carrier's contract terms on this, but I have impression that carriers also warn customers against using iPhone SIM in other devices. They threaten to cut all services as soon as the misuse is detected.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

Ummm... I'm not sure and may probably have to consult carrier's contract terms on this, but I have impression that carriers also warn customers against using iPhone SIM in other devices. They threaten to cut all services as soon as the misuse is detected.

Wow. That would suck if At&t is like that. I own a 3G but want to use a 2G while I'm on vacation. Either way they are still getting my 3G contract money.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by schmoopy.design View Post

Wow. That would suck if At&t is like that. I own a 3G but want to use a 2G while I'm on vacation. Either way they are still getting my 3G contract money.

Apparently, my memory didn't deceive me completely... Orange do indeed promise to punish customer for misusing iPhone SIM card.

But people say, Orange usually tolerate some reasonable deviations. So probably will AT&T in your case.

Carriers are actually afraid of illegal tethering phones to computers and further massive data exchange over their network. This doesn't seem feasible with iPhone 2G.