The new 13" Mac...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just bought a Mac two months ago. Now Apple puts out the new 13" with more features and it costs 300.00 less!

They won't take back my computer, in exchange, because it is beyond the 14 day return policy. While other computer companies offer a 90 day return policy.

I am just plain pissed.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Ah yes, we get this whenever Apple releases an update.

There's two responses:

1. You should have done your research before you buy. It's fairly common knowledge how often an update is. For example, I want a Mac Pro, but I can wait until January when there will probably be updates.

2. Your machine is still good, and you've had two months use out of it. If you had waited, you would not have had a new Mac for those two months.

Amorya
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I'm sorry your laptop stopped working the moment a slightly faster one was released.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RussellSakay View Post

I just bought a Mac two months ago. Now Apple puts out the new 13" with more features and it costs 300.00 less!

They won't take back my computer, in exchange, because it is beyond the 14 day return policy. While other computer companies offer a 90 day return policy.

I am just plain pissed.

The question is "Do you need Firewire?" if not keep your laptop. Stuff always gets cheaper.

If the the answer is yes then sell your laptop for a good price and pay the difference for the new laptop.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    I bought a Macbook Pro the 2 days before update. I returned it, though. Two months is really nothing to complain about. I've had it happen in 3 weeks...that was annoying.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    That is like buying a car, then two months later the next year model comes out (as it does every year) and then asking to return your car to get the new one .... and expecting the dealership to agree. Knowing there would be several new computers released at WWDC, what did you expect when you bought your computer?

Your laptop is still a good computer even if it isn't the latest model. If you really want the new one sell yours on eBay and buy a new one. It will cost you, but that is what you are trying to do .... sell a used laptop and get a new one.