SanDisk Image Mate

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I was just given an Olympus D500L and a USB SanDisk card holder or whatever its called.

I tried installing it and it went through the installation procedure in OS 9, but I cannot find the application.

I was wondering if anyone could help with this because I need to get the pictures of the disk.

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    It should have come with a driver CD; if not it's available online via Sandisk.com
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Good luck with that. Obviously it depends on the specific model you have, but the SanDisk USB SmartMedia reader I have (model SDDR-09) doesn't have any OS X drivers, nor do they plan to release any, nor were they very nice when I emailed them to ask about it. I had gotten the reader as a gift before I started using OS X. It was really annoying because I had to boot into 9 to DL my pictures, thankfully since then I got a camera that plugs into the computer via USB, so I don't have to worry about it any more. You can check out <a href="http://sandisk.com/tech/s_downloads.asp"; target="_blank">their website</a> to check what drivers are available.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Oh, I forgot to tell you: I have the SanDisk ImageMate which includes slots for SmartMedia and Complact Flash cards. I have used it with OS X and have had no problems at all pulling images off it (I use a Nikon Coolpix 950) -- I just plug it (card reader) into my hub and iPhoto boots automatically to download the pics (or you can just locate the image of the CF card on the desktop and get it from there). The best thing is that I forgot to even think about getting a driver (had to for OS 9). It worked fine without one (perhaps Apple implemented something universal for most USB readers).

I like the CF reader better than plugging the camera in directly -- wastes camera's expensive batteries. Plus, my Coolpix model came out just before the USB bonanza (not on the camera at all).
  • Reply 4 of 5
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    I have an older SanDisk ImageMate model SDDR-05 and have had no luck in getting anything to mount in OSX.

Have to resort to OS9 which is a bit of a hassle.

My guess is that perhaps the older ImageMates don't work but newer ones that have multiple format capabilities do.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    zerozero Posts: 39member
    [quote]Originally posted by satchmo:

[QB]I have an older SanDisk ImageMate model SDDR-05 and have had no luck in getting anything to mount in OSX.

Have to resort to OS9 which is a bit of a hassle.

QB]<hr></blockquote>

I had the same problem with a friend's card reader last weekend. Can't remember the name though.

It didn't work under os x nor under os 9 classic as it mounts like an external drive and I couldn't find it in the classic environment.

booting into os 9 was the only way to do it.