Good G5 Mockup here.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.geekculture.com/blurbs/images/roberteG5.jpg"; target="_blank">http://www.geekculture.com/blurbs/images/roberteG5.jpg</a>;

<a href="http://www.geekculture.com/blurbs/images/roberteG5.jpg"; target="_blank">CLick Me.</a>

At least he has the ports on the front which matches what my guy says.

I like it!

MSKR

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Masker ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    Looks nice, needs some more expansion bays though
  • Reply 2 of 14
    It has already been added to the <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/benvp/"; target="_blank">Apple Mock-Ups website!</a>

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: benmac ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 14
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    I'd buy that in a minute, that's pretty sweet.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    The ports on the front are cool, but it needs an expansion bay. I don't know about those speakers, since most people shove their towers under a desk or on the floor, hi-fi speakers on the tower itself are really a waste. Better to have sattiliet speakers that can be positioned for good sound.

Does that design have a swing-down side door like the current powermacs? If not then forget it.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    those legs'll crack and break way easy.

Too flat, not enough apple styling

cutouts for the speakers are icky.

Too much USB in the front.

no apple logo on the front (er, AORTA)

and no one wants to look at hex screws on the FRONT of their computer.

• Reply 6 of 14
    bogiebogie Posts: 407member
    that - under a desk? never. every Mac since Yosemite should be put up top.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    I like it, the legs could loop backwards to the rear to be more stable.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    [quote]that - under a desk? never. every Mac since Yosemite should be put up top.

<hr></blockquote>

No way! I use my desk for work, it's not just a "computer desk". The thing is humongous, but I still keep my powermac on the floor--it's quieter and of course it frees up tons of desk space.

But one thing I really dig is the front USB/FW ports. Those ports belong on the front...otherwise why make them hot-swapable? The headphone and microphone ports should be on the front too, and the mic port should be a REAL mic port, not some bullsh!t Apple-only mic port.

I bet the next full Powermac revision totally rocks...it's going to be more functional that the current case, and it will be even more beautiful. That's my prediction.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    [quote]Originally posted by Bogie:

<strong>that - under a desk? never. every Mac since Yosemite should be put up top.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You must not work at a desk.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>

No way! I use my desk for work, it's not just a "computer desk". The thing is humongous, but I still keep my powermac on the floor--it's quieter and of course it frees up tons of desk space.

But one thing I really dig is the front USB/FW ports. Those ports belong on the front...otherwise why make them hot-swapable?</strong><hr></blockquote>

If you keep the tower on the floor anyway, why do you want the ports on the front? You'd have to run them behind the desk up to the device anyway; having the ports on the front would require longer cables that were more prone to get in the way.

I think the box is sweet. I like those big fat hex screws on the front ... makes you realize this box is ready for business.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    the specs seem realistic though
  • Reply 12 of 14
    I like that, and it has that iBook & iPod flava.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    That things a fat and ugly piece of crap. Although I do like the front usb and firewire ports along with the stereo speakers.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    I say leave the USB & FireWire ports on the back!

But add in an optional USB/FireWire hub which feeds via a single cable from the back of the tower to a nice neat little powered hub on the desktop... Problem solved for those who need accessible ports on the desktop...!