IPod Touch 2nd Gen 8gb Question?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Alright I have been saving up a lot of money for the 2nd gen 8gb ipod touch. Do I have to buy the appstore? and do I have to pay for Software updates? if so how much does this cost. Im new to the touch. I might be going tommarow to get the ipod touch. My cousin tommy said that he had to pay for appstore but they changed it now?

Explain to me please. Thanks, very appreciated,.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by T O N Y View Post

Alright I have been saving up a lot of money for the 2nd gen 8gb ipod touch. Do I have to buy the appstore? and do I have to pay for Software updates? if so how much does this cost. Im new to the touch. I might be going tommarow to get the ipod touch. My cousin tommy said that he had to pay for appstore but they changed it now?

Explain to me please. Thanks, very appreciated,.

You don't "have" to buy anything in the appstore. If your iPod comes with OS2.0 you may pay 9.95$ for the update to 3.0, but if it comes with 3.0 it is a long time until 4.0 comes... So you won't probably spend so much on updates (And you don't have to!!).

You can get tons of usefull free apps in the appstore, but if you prefer you can buy apps also. It's actually similar to any other computing platform.

Have fun and don't worry..
  • Reply 2 of 2
    t o n yt o n y Posts: 5member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by future-ex-pc-user View Post

You don't "have" to buy anything in the appstore. If your iPod comes with OS2.0 you may pay 9.95$ for the update to 3.0, but if it comes with 3.0 it is a long time until 4.0 comes... So you won't probably spend so much on updates (And you don't have to!!).

You can get tons of usefull free apps in the appstore, but if you prefer you can buy apps also. It's actually similar to any other computing platform.

Have fun and don't worry..

Alright, So I dont even have to buy the update.

Thanks. I appreciate it.