Undocumented features in X

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I constantly see people telling of how they discovered features like minimise with shift key and dragging something to a window and the window moving into view etc.

I knew about all the things talked about so far but I'm sure there are many things I don't know. Can people who know special features tell me what they are? I think this will be helpful to others as well.

Also, any easter eggs, etc?

P.S. I just noticed the other day when I was playing around with my old Mac Classic from 1989 that dragging in the background was already in system 6. I think this is incredible.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    [quote]Originally posted by stevegongrui:

<strong>

P.S. I just noticed the other day when I was playing around with my old Mac Classic from 1989 that dragging in the background was already in system 6. I think this is incredible.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yep. I actually found out about it in 7.5 when I got bored one day and read ALL of the online help. It went over a bunch of usefull commands like that. I've found that a lot of the lttle things I could do in classic I can still do in X. Makes me happy
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    <a href="http://www.macosxhints.com"; target="_blank">Mac OS X Hints</a> Is a great source for this kind of stuff