Mac Pro HAL 9000 Edition!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

Photoshop or coming soon?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    tenshitenshi Posts: 11member
    Obviously photoshopped, that thing is ugly!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    i think youre missing the reference...
  • Reply 3 of 7
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    Doubt if the Mac Pro will become a HAL. People are likely to move to the mainframe / cloud computing model for that kind of horsepower. Movie studios and research will be the exception I think. But it is easier to scale power by increasing nodes in a grid than boosting hardware capacity of a single box. (Yes, you have to write software for it, but thats what x-grid helps you with.)

The image sucks, btw.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    tenshitenshi Posts: 11member
    Yes... I know nothing about computers
  • Reply 5 of 7
    willywalloowillywalloo Posts: 408member
    try this,

putting just the red eye over the cpu area - if done well, could be cool.

but visually, the red eye is centered. thanks to kubrick.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    I'm sure anyone can print up a decal if they so desired, might be able to modify the fan module for a little more if a decal isn't good enough. I'm fine with just leaving mine as-is.

Mac Pro is probably a lot more powerful than what Clarke could have imagined a computer could ever be. But artificial sentience is still harder than anyone imagined as well.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I'm sure anyone can print up a decal if they so desired, might be able to modify the fan module for a little more if a decal isn't good enough. I'm fine with just leaving mine as-is.

Mac Pro is probably a lot more powerful than what Clarke could have imagined a computer could ever be. But artificial sentience is still harder than anyone imagined as well.

Not for this crackpot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Kurzweil

If half the shit he "predicts" had become true HAL would have already existed.