Who is the real king? Michael Jackson VS Elvis

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
There can be only one king: in context of music/movies/videos only, not scandal, who is the better of the two and why?

I pose thios question because I thoroughly enjoy the music of both and cant decide which "king" is my favorite...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    floorjackfloorjack Posts: 2,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

There can be only one king: in context of music/movies/videos only, not scandal, who is the better of the two and why?

I pose thios question because I thoroughly enjoy the music of both and cant decide which "king" is my favorite...

Music wise I have to go with MJ on this. Even though he was a sick child diddler.

How much did either of those two write the songs they performed?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    The real King will be Charles of England.

MJ and Elvis are a gaylord and whorebitch.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

MJ and Elvis are a gaylord and whorebitch.

And Charles is a bucktooth imbread maried to a mighty steed

America, Fuck yea!
  • Reply 4 of 14
    I can't believe MJ is ahead in this.

Doesn't give me much hope for the future.

• Reply 5 of 14
    I only got into Michael Jackson around 25 years ago when I was a kid, but never compelled enough to beg mum and dad to purchase an album.

As for Elvis, he had some good songs but I do think he is to a certain degree over rated.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    The real King, or rather Kings, are The Beatles. They are the most sold band or artist of all time. They redefined a generation, lauched the sexual revolution and changed the world forever.

Elvis is just a redneck jock from the south and MJ is a freak with good dance moves.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

The real King, or rather Kings, are The Beatles. They are the most sold band or artist of all time. They redefined a generation, lauched the sexual revolution and changed the world forever.

Elvis is just a redneck jock from the south and MJ is a freak with good dance moves.

The Beatles are great, but the thing is that Elvis and MJ were all around showmen, and they understood that to be successful, you needed to be on TV, and just standing in place and singing doesn't translate well to TV. and as to the redneck thing, that may be true, but lots of his music was and is fantastic...Kentucky Rain, Suspicious minds, and so on are amazing. as are*some of MJs work, including some peices from the Jacksons and the Jackson Five.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

The Beatles are great, but the thing is that Elvis and MJ were all around showmen, and they understood that to be successful, you needed to be on TV, and just standing in place and singing doesn't translate well to TV. and as to the redneck thing, that may be true, but lots of his music was and is fantastic...Kentucky Rain, Suspicious minds, and so on are amazing. as are*some of MJs work, including some peices from the Jacksons and the Jackson Five.

But, but nothing... you deserve to be slapped for this blasphemy. Just to give you an idea of how wrong you are, the largest recorded TV audience in the USA of all time was the Beatles appearance in the Eddie Sullivan show. The Beatles is the only band IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND TO HAVE SOLD OVER 1 BILLION RECORDS, mmmkay? Their music continues to be sold even today when Elvis is but a ghost joke and MJ's death is a fad that is going to die tomorrow. Even classical composers who normally hate rock music continue to rescore their songs.

COMPARED TO THE BEATLES ELVIS IS A CHEAP PIMP AND MJ IS A SIDE FREAK SHOW.

QED, cya!
  • Reply 9 of 14
    "Elvis was the only man, from northeast Mississippi, who could shake his hips and still be loved by rednecks, cops, and hippies."

(and bonus points if you know the source of that quote )
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

"Elvis was the only man, from northeast Mississippi, who could shake his hips and still be loved by rednecks, cops, and hippies."

(and bonus points if you know the source of that quote )

Nobody cares, die.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    wplj42wplj42 Posts: 439member
    Elvis! MJ never did this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjyZ0wvw9d4
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:

But, but nothing... you deserve to be slapped for this blasphemy. Just to give you an idea of how wrong you are, the largest recorded TV audience in the USA of all time was the Beatles appearance in the Eddie Sullivan show. The Beatles is the only band IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND TO HAVE SOLD OVER 1 BILLION RECORDS, mmmkay? Their music continues to be sold even today when Elvis is but a ghost joke and MJ's death is a fad that is going to die tomorrow. Even classical composers who normally hate rock music continue to rescore their songs.

COMPARED TO THE BEATLES ELVIS IS A CHEAP PIMP AND MJ IS A SIDE FREAK SHOW.

QED, cya!

As to record sales, Elvis also has sold over a billion records, Elvis also had some great tv performances. as did MJ.

As to rateings, The Beatles had a captive audience, everyone watched the Sullivan show. If you were lucky enough to live in just the right location, there may have been 3 channels - if you grew up in the sticks like my dad, you may only have gotten one, in dear ole dads case it was CBS - lucky him.

MJ came on the scene on CABLE, he broke out on MTV, competing against what, 15-20 cable only feeds and 3-5 networks (I know PBS was there in the early 80s but am not sure about FOX) when it is you and like one other channel, and you have wider coverage, your crowned jewel show damn well better get ridiculously high ratings.

all that said, the Beatles are insainly great.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    wplj42wplj42 Posts: 439member
    Not Elvis or Michael, but Ol' Blue Eyes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjcMS7rmA10
  • Reply 14 of 14
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    Was Elvis a racist?

Keep hearing this here and there. If it's true somebody prove it.