Fatal Error When Saving Itunes Libray file.

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I've had this happen to me several times. Does anyone know why this happens. I noticed it happened a few times in a row, while trying to play one specific MP3. The first time I fixed it by reinstalling the entire OS X, but keeping a backup copy of my Itunes Library to replace the corrupted one seems to work. Is there a way to have more than one Itunes Library? Perhaps mine gets too full and bloated and I hate having to recreate playlists I've customized over many hours.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    i guess u have a space problem...maybe itunes cant save/update the library cause there is no more space left

i mean physical space on disk...

doesnt this belong to genius bar?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    need more info...

HD size and free space

amount of MP3s

OS

RAM

type of MP3s...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    You should be able to delete the iTunes Library file itself, and then open iTunes and Add To Library all your music.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I've encountered this error when my Hard Drive had inadvertantly become filled. It had 0 MB free space. Not only did iTunes complain, but Mail, Safari, and other applications. Many preferences were lost and Mail lost all my mailboxes.

Worse, this isn't the only time this has happened. The other time I opened a 1 GB+ text file in BBEdit and it ate up all my HD space as swap space -- bad idea.